Rotary club honors students
Local tapped for national team
Rotary club honors students
- The man behind the red coat - 11:28 am
- School board members recognized - 2:32 pm
- Frederick’s Fantastic Oyster Fry brings gulf coast to the plains - 2:31 pm
- Community Calendar - 2:31 pm
- Local man arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 12:55 pm
- New license plates mandatory - 12:55 pm
- Frederick medical practice transitions - 1:46 pm
- Local youth win big at cattle show - 1:45 pm
- Boy Scouts earn new ranks - 1:45 pm
- Frederick Christmas Parade a success - 1:45 pm
- Jail report for Dec. 16 – 22 - 1:44 pm
- Local music students brighten nursing home residents’ Christmas - 1:44 pm
- Local small business owner perseveres in tough economy - 7:57 pm
- Local couple arrested for child’s truancy - 4:35 pm updated: 4:49 pm.
- Pageant donates to food bank - 4:35 pm
- Jail report for Dec. 2 – 9 - 4:35 pm
- Local student selected for All-State Choir - 4:35 pm
- Community Calendar - 4:34 pm
- Cameron University seeks volunteers for Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - 2:49 pm
- Miller, Fairchild appear in court on murder charges - 9:46 am
- Vendors needed for oyster fry - 9:37 am
- Chattanooga police chief involved in collision - 11:57 pm
- Principal Pals - 9:30 pm
- Rotary club honors students - 9:29 pm
- Community Calendar - 9:10 pm
Jail report for Dec. 16 – 22
Ronald Briggs, 33 of Frederick, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a cancelled, suspended or revoked license.David Castillo...
Local music students brighten nursing home residents’ Christmas
Carisa Schreiner held a piano and vocal recital Dec. 21 at the Frederick Nursing Home. Schreiner is also the choir director for Frederick Public Schoo...
Local small business owner perseveres in tough economy
NTA Training Center is a gym in Frederick owned by local resident Auney Castaneda. Castaneda opened the gym in 2013 after attending different colleges...
Local couple arrested for child’s truancy
Johnny and Beverly Diaz were charged for their child’s truancy. They turned themselves into the sheriff’s department and each were release...
Pageant donates to food bank
Miss Frederick 2016 Brooke Orr presented a $150 donation check to Julane Whitworth for the Frederick Food Bank on behalf of the Miss Frederick Pageant...
Lady Bomberslose to Warriorsin extra innings
The Lady Bombers traveled to Apache on Aug. 16 to take on the Lady Warriors in the second conference game of the season.Angeli Zuniga led off the firs...
Lady Bombers makegreat showing in I-40Classic tournament
On Aug. 12, the Lady Bombers traveled to Weatherford taking on the Lady Eagles for the first round of tournament play in the I-40 Classic.In the top o...
Youth football season slated
Bomber tackle football begins Sept. 10. The independent league coincides with the Quarterback Club season and is for ages 12 and under.It is a self-fu...
Raines hired as new softball coach
Frederick High School has a new fast pitch softball coach. Katie Raines was hired July 14.Raines played fast pitch softball for Southwestern Oklahoma ...
FHS students receive scholarships
Two Bomber football players were awarded scholarships to Bethel College in North Newton, Kansas.Jaylen Randle received a football scholarship and Deyo...
There will be a come and go birthday celebration honoring Francis Ayala 2-4 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of St. Helen’s Catholic Church,...
Blue baby shower slated
Britni (Hoover) and Matt Smith will be honored with a “blue” baby shower 10 a.m. Sept. 24 at the home of Amy Hensley, 7074B Lovejoy Lane i...
Local artist hosts sidewalk art class
Lynn Melton hosted a sidewalk art class Aug. 2-5 for middle school students.Melton is the Artist-In-Resident at Frederick Public Schools.The class was...
Pink baby shower slated
There will be a pink baby shower for Chris Arumugam and Alisha Franklin from 3-5 p.m. Sunday at the Civic Center.Special to the Press-Leader...
Arts council seeks chair artists
The Frederick Arts Council is looking for people who would like to “chair” the 44th Annual Arts and Action art show that will be held on t...
We have ideas for community involvement
I’ve got a couple of little ideas, OK, let me be honest — that someone else came up with. He and she told them to me and gave me permissio...
Always remember book titles
I’m graduating from Cameron University in December with a bachelor’s in English and a minor in journalism. I am blessed to have been able ...
Arts N’ Action is almost here
Let me start out with an apology. I jinxed us all with my “cool breeze and we have survived summer” talk. I made us have a 96-degree day a...
Call to sailors wherever ye may be
One thing I feel I missed out on by not serving aboard a ship is the Line Crossing Ceremony. When a sailor crossed the equator for the first time, he ...
We arrived in Darwin
Driving into the City of Darwin was like a huge breath of fresh air. Finally, after three months on a desolate island, two days in Adelaide near the s...
Careful of your dream car
I was an aircraft mechanic in the Navy. I was a tinkerer in my youth. Always interested in anything mechanic. I’ve always loved hot rod cars and...