Rotary club honors students
Local tapped for national team
Rotary club honors students
- Students of the month named - 2:08 pm
- Local students attend Legacy Weekend at OSU - 12:25 pm
- Tillman County Sheriff’s Deputy dies - 10:27 am updated: 10:30 am.
- Teacher accused of rape sentenced - 10:26 am
- Frederick City Council meets in regular session - 9:28 am
- Local writer graduates - 11:59 am
- Jail report for Feb. 3 – 10 - 11:59 am
- Lawton man dies in crash - 11:58 am
- Principal Pals - 11:58 am
- Community Calendar - 11:58 am
- New business opens in Frederick - 11:52 am
- Locals compete in livestock show - 7:47 pm
- Local students participate in choral festival - 7:47 pm
- Livestock auction raises nearly $80,000 - 7:46 pm
- Juvenile arrested for passing fake money - 7:46 pm updated: 8:11 pm.
- Cub Scouts hold annual derby - 7:45 pm
- Stakeholder meeting scheduled - 1:25 pm
- City authorizes hospital authority to enter agreement - 3:37 pm
- City authorizes hospital authority to enter agreement - 12:25 pm
- Chamber installs new board members - 11:17 am
- Morrow receives bond reduction - 11:17 am
- Local business owner perseveres after fire - 11:17 am
- Frederick Eye Care celebrates 10 years - 11:17 am
- City Council discusses industrial building improvements - 11:16 am
- Municipal candidate filings slated - 11:16 am
Cameron University’s Office of Career Services has scheduled its 20th Annual Red River Career Expo for 12:30-3:30 p.m. Feb. 16 in the Aggie Recr...
New business opens in Frederick
Frederick has a new burger spot.Donna Lynn’s Cafe opened Nov. 5, 2016. The owners are Tony Hillmon and Donna Lynn Miller-Jennings.“The caf...
Locals compete in livestock show
The Local Livestock Show was held on Feb. 3 at the Tillman County Fair Grounds. Animals shown were swine, sheep, goats and cattle.The judge for the ev...
Local students participate in choral festival
Students from Frederick Elementary School and Frederick Middle School participated in the 2017 Circle the State with Song Choral Festival on Jan. 31 a...
Livestock auction raises nearly $80,000
The Tillman County Junior Livestock Show Trophy Auction was held on Jan. 30. The auction raised nearly $80,000.Mayor Eddie Whitworth offered a prayer ...
Juvenile arrested for passing fake money
Several fake $100 bills were passed around Frederick recently.Officer Robert Wallace with the Frederick Police Department was dispatched to Hop and Sa...
Frederick beats Commanche in first game of the season
The Frederick Bombers opened their season hosting the Comanche Indians, who have been struggling through some unsuccessful seasons recently.The Bomber...
Lady Bomberslose to Warriorsin extra innings
The Lady Bombers traveled to Apache on Aug. 16 to take on the Lady Warriors in the second conference game of the season.Angeli Zuniga led off the firs...
Lady Bombers makegreat showing in I-40Classic tournament
On Aug. 12, the Lady Bombers traveled to Weatherford taking on the Lady Eagles for the first round of tournament play in the I-40 Classic.In the top o...
Flag football sign-up date approaching
The Frederick Quarterback Club will begin sign-ups for flag football in late August. Teams will be chosen in September.The season will begin Oct. 1 an...
Youth football season slated
Bomber tackle football begins Sept. 10. The independent league coincides with the Quarterback Club season and is for ages 12 and under.It is a self-fu...
There will be a come and go birthday celebration honoring Francis Ayala 2-4 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of St. Helen’s Catholic Church,...
Blue baby shower slated
Britni (Hoover) and Matt Smith will be honored with a “blue” baby shower 10 a.m. Sept. 24 at the home of Amy Hensley, 7074B Lovejoy Lane i...
Local artist hosts sidewalk art class
Lynn Melton hosted a sidewalk art class Aug. 2-5 for middle school students.Melton is the Artist-In-Resident at Frederick Public Schools.The class was...
Pink baby shower slated
There will be a pink baby shower for Chris Arumugam and Alisha Franklin from 3-5 p.m. Sunday at the Civic Center.Special to the Press-Leader...
Arts council seeks chair artists
The Frederick Arts Council is looking for people who would like to “chair” the 44th Annual Arts and Action art show that will be held on t...
A hand for a home
A good friend of mine gave me some advice for my move back home. She told me I would be fragile from all of the growing and changing that I had experi...
Boys will be boys
I saw something at the grocery store today that I’m still shocked about. A mother was shopping with her two kids. The little boy was probably no...
Remember to be respectful
I’m not a “sports mom.” I try to be, if any of my children play. I go watch their games, I take them to practices, but I know nothin...
We should all be friendlier
I think my favorite thing about myself is my friendliness. I think it’s just my nature to go out of my way to be friendly, but I also learned fr...
Work together to stop bullying
Bullying is a huge issue. I’ve read in different news reports lately that it’s a new epidemic. But is it? I don’t think it is. Bully...
We have ideas for community involvement
I’ve got a couple of little ideas, OK, let me be honest — that someone else came up with. He and she told them to me and gave me permissio...